Re: acoustic ebow experiences?

    Hey man, haven't tried a tamboura out before, but it should be pretty
happening, none-the-less.  I've used my older E-Bow on lots of differing
acoustic instruments, but have had some wild results with a lap dulcimer
a few friends' acoustic guitars.  The big difference is in finding the
spot" where the instrument is giving you the most volume when you are
activating a string with the E-Bow.  You'll find with an acoustic
it isn't going to give you as much volume and that there are a number of
different sweet spots on the instrument (this is true for electrics, but
again, the volume won't be there unless you're near or over top of a

    Try playing just a little above a harmonic node on your instrument,
that if it were a guitar, you'd place/move the E-Bow up to the halfway
between the 17th and 18th frets.

    Yes, I know, the tamboura is a fretless instrument, but you'll get the
picture.  If my memory servers you're more prone to brushing the strings
this one than you are of actually plucking them, so an E-Bow should give
some pretty happening and slow sounds.

    Loop on, tap on, gliss out,