Re: Roland GR-500

I've got one but I haven't played it much in quite a while. I don't know
what the market value would be for one. Sound on Sound magazine did a nice
history of the Roland GR guitars last summer. As I recall, the description
of the GR-500 is that it's a synthesizer that happens to be a guitar as
opposed to a guitar that controls a synthesizer. The writer concluded that
of the various instruments in the series, the GR-500 was his favorite
because of it's eccentricities. I would more or less concur that it's an
interesting instrument that takes approaching it for what it is. It's also
a decent guitar (the body weighs a ton).

Mark