Re: current reading? (OT)

I honestly thought this thread would have died days ago being OT and all
but
since it didn't here's my current list which even has some OT loop stuff:

1. "Ocean of Sound: Aether Talk, Ambient sound, and Imaginary Worlds" -
Author:
David Toop
Academic at times but more interesting than most and Toop covers non
musical
artistic influences into the world of electronic/ambient music such as
literature
and visual art as well as covering some history and a slew of musicians.
Sun Ra,
Lee Perry, Brian Wilson, Aphex Twin, Eno, etc all all in here plus quiet a
lot
more.

2. "Phoenix: The Fall and Rise of Videogames" - Author:  Leonard Herman
I got this mostly for it's early chapters on the creation of early game
systems
such as Pong and Atari stuff. It is pretty entertaining if you've ever been
curious about the early pioneers of this stuff and it shows how technology,
engineers /designers,  and business don't always understand each other.
Who here
likes to loop live Atari 2600 games?

3. Yellow Rat Bastard magazine - I found this at a flea market and can't
quite
figure out who puts it out or where it from but it's kind of a
Fashion/DJ/trash
rag. Highly un PC at times and worth a laugh if you find a cheap copy
somewhere.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.