Re: edp rudimentary set up?

>I think i understand what Brian means i asked Kim the same question and
>that
>is: can the EDP copy the length of loop 1 into loop 2 with
>just one button press? the answer is unfortunately no. you need to have a
>second press of RECORD to end the loop 2 where you want it to end.
>I hope this is what you mean?
>adios!
>Luis

This sounds too sad to me!

The whole operation concept of the EDP is based on opening and
closing functions, there is almost nothing you can do with just one
press. Just imagine the number of keys (and foot switches!) necessary
to access all in one hit!
At least we avoided the "press two keys at once" kind of operation.

If you just want to copy to the next loop with the same lenght, you
use either SoundCopy or NextMultiply, both functions based on
Multiply which is rounding. So to close, you dont press RECORD, but
MULTIPLY again, and there is no need to press it exactly, since it
rounds up to entire cycles.
In turn, this allows you to start loop 2 with a multiply lengh of
loop 1, which is a rather common case, since you may have a short
base in loop 1 and build a song part in loop 2 and a different song
part with the same base in loop 3.

In other words: In case the loop you want to copy has no multiples in
it, you can press the closing MULTIPLY immediately and let it round.
That easy, no?

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org