WG: Drum and Bass Loops ... sounds?

> What are all of your thoughts on the best PC
> software to create cool drum and bass loops?

what I'm wondering about at the moment is how to *create* interesting and
unusual electronic drum/percussion *sounds*. I just listened to a CD of
Autechre (Chiastic Slide) and they have very nice percussive electronic
sounds. How did they create them? it doesn't sound like your regular
drum machine.

=       michael peters
=       electronic music & strange attractors
=       http://www.mpeters.de/mpeweb