PMC10 foot pedal?

Now that I have my program-pad-less pmc10 foot pedal
working (thanks to a cable from the PC to the unit
providing the ability to flip the state of individual
pins (to set the base channel), and raymond), I'm
looking for expression pedals for it.  I tried my
Yamaha FC7
(
http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi.exe/DsplyModel/?gEKS00001FC7
)
which works with all my other midi controllers, but I
can't get the pmc10 to recognize it.  I did try all
the 'pedal calibration types'.  The manual says it
should work with any 'common' volume or cv pedal.
Folks at GC weren't much help - the only thing they
could offer was an empty Roland EV-5 box (where'd dat
pedal go now...)

So...what's a good expression pedal to use with the
pmc10?

thanks,

=====
Stephen