Re: Drum machine for loops

Hello All-
Thanks for the response on the Oberheim echoplex--it sounds like a better
unit for what I'm trying to do.  I'll have to check it out.  Someone posted
that it is out of production--does that mean backordered?  Because I think
they still make them . . .
As far as the drum machine thang--here is my setup.  The Jamman is syncing
with the drum machine thru MIDI clock.  To compensate for the lack of
percussion during the recording of the initial loop, I am using Cakewalk to
play the drum pattern on a Sound Canvas and send various patch changes
(GT-3
for Guitar, Jamman commands).  I don't want to have all the percussion come
from the sequencer, for reasons which may be obvious but need not be gotten
into at this point.  The SR-16 drum machine will not change patterns in
response to MIDI commands.  Is there a drum machine which does?  It would
be
one less thing I had to do while attempting to improvise.
Thanks again.
Gary