Re: [CT-Collective] going to LD

Greetings fellow loopers...

About a year ago a number of us here at Loopers Delight initiated a "Chain
Tape" project and physically mailed a cassette around the world, adding
loop recordings as it traveled. That became a 4 cd compilation called
Chain Tape 1. We've gone on to two other projects: a 75 second
"miniatures" project with 24 involved; and a "Found Sound" project which
was just completed. It can be downloaded at Morgan Hamilton Lang's "Loop
Exchange" site...

http://music.columbia.edu/~cecenter/mhl21/ct/ct.html

We've gone one to create a mailing list 30+ people strong (so far) for the
purpose of recording compilation - collaboration CD's for low cost. These
CD's are often themed, and are fun and useful in the exchange of musical
ideas, talents, and inspiration. If you would like to find out about,
participate in, or help in arranging such collaborations. We'd love to
have you here! For those of you worried about too much email... The main
CT-Collective list is not nearly as busy as Loopers Delight...

At this point we're open to various forms of media: cassette, dat, audio
data files, and I believe we'll be mini-disc capable soon as well.
Mastering, duping and artwork is usually handled with volunteers within
the project group. At the end of the project we ante up any mailing,
duping costs and then receive our cd's. (Usually well below the $20
mark...) We've also begun mailing all our submissions directly to the
mastering volunteer in parallel in order to speed turnaround time on
projects.

Here's all the pertinent info for anyone interested in becoming part of
any future recording projects as well as proposing your own...

  Post message: CT-Collective@onelist.com
  Subscribe:    CT-Collective-subscribe@onelist.com