Seeking synthesizer advice

Hello there,
I am considering buying a synthesizer but there is so many out there that i
decided to first throw this question to this website for advice before
buying. I am primarily a guitarrist and very ignorant of synths. What i
need
is a good reliable tool to compose and perform live with good sequencing
and
sampling capabilities, lo-fi vinyl effects,cool trip hop drum
samples,beautiful symphonic strings etc. Is there one out there with all of
this in one box? Is there a synth shut out magazine link review that will
maybe answer my question?
Thanks for your help!
L.A.