Re: VP-9000 VariPhrase Processor

>From what i saw, it's essentially a sampler, with real time controls over
pitch, timestretch, and other goodies.  Some examples they were showing at
the show included:

Taking a drum loop, you can adjust the quantizing in real time, altering
the loop's "groove", as they call it.  (Imagine using this on textural,
non-rythmic samples/loops?)

On a vocal phrase, your singer misses the last word of the phrase and goes
flat.  Well, with the VP-9000, you can just adjust the pitch of the last
word up and all is well.

The VP can assemble multiple samples in different tempos and pitches into a
coherent piece, in real time.

Also, intelligent harmonies can be done.

On board effects.

Like I said, the demonstrators were just doing their thing by rote, so the
setup involved with the VP to do what they were demo'ing might be more
complicated than they indicated...but nonetheless, a very interesting tool.
 If there is some looping function, where once you capture the sample, it
would start playing, and then you could do the VP magic in real time.
Yowza!

rich