Re: DFX94 4 second sampler - One for the archives

HOW TO USE THE DFX-94 FOR LOOPING:

Most delay functions are pretty self-explanatory, so I'll
assume you mean how to use it for sampling, and then
triggering the sample during performance.

Here we go (with the manual in front of me):

1. Select the SAMPLE position on the RANGE/MODE switch.
   In this mode the BYPASS fotswitch becomes the SAMPLE
   footswitch only.

2. Adjust the amount of delay time you want with the
   DELAY control.

3. When you're ready to sample, tap the footswitch.
   The INFINITE REPEAT/SAMPLE LED light will go *OUT*.
   The unit is *now* sampling whatever you play into it.
   The LED comes back *ON* when the sample record time is
   done. (If you're plaing along at home, the unit is
   finished sampling what ever you played into it).

4. Select the TRIGGER position on the RANGE/MODE switch. In
   this mode the BYPASS footswitch becomes the SAMPLE
   TRIGGER footswitch only. The unit is now ready for
   triggering.

5. Whenever you want to TRIGGER the playback of
   your recorded sample sound, tap the footswitch.

With practice (trial and lots of error), by putting
the unit into and out of SAMPLE RECORD for one cycle,
you can layer more lines onto the previously sampled
sound (after a while though, quality deteriorates).

After recording a sampled sound, you can also turn the
RANGE/MODE switch to INFINITE REPEAT and play back a
repeating loop (the whole point, right?) of your
recorded sample.

That should help, I hope.

- Larry T