Re: hi all

Hi Loopers,

Regarding the 'loop alone' subject, I have found that it is difficult for
non-loopers to understand the concept of looping at first.  Once they get
it, you're ok, if they are competent players.  For example, i have been
trying to get some drummers to wear a earpiece that gets a click feed from
me (the looper).  I have my JamMan hooked into a Boss DR-770 (set to a
click pattern).  Once I close my loop, the click starts in sync with the
loop.  Once i shut off my loop, the click stops and we are back into normal
play.  I have yet to accomplish this 100%, but i am almost there with my
current band.  The problem usually is in the drummer's attitude.  I am
essentially telling him that he is the tempo keeper, until we hit a section
where a loop is, and then he has to follow the click.  When that section
ends, he is the tempo keeper again.  Asking drummers (especially amateur or
semi-pro) to follow a click is a tall order!  Like you're insulting their
playing or something...But to the audience, it would be seamless.

rich