Re: akai s20 phrase sampler - opinions?

In a message dated 01/19/00 1:07:53 PM, jovin_@hotmail.com writes:

>Anybody try one of these things out?  Any comments?

I have one. And although I DO use it pretty often it has ultimately been
a disappointment to me in the long run. Files save to/load from standard
floppies
v.....e.....r.....y.....v.....e.....r.....y.....v.....e.....r.....y.....s.....
It also has no MIDI time-clock syncing features. I had rather counted on
it to have that feature to lock in step with my EDPs. It's still sort of
useful to me for some things and seems pretty rugged, but if I had it to
do all over again I'd have gotten something else. I'm not sure just what.
I was sort of stuck within a certain price range and at the time (a couple
of years ago now). There was no Zoom Sampletrak or other possobilities
similar in price at the time. Fortunately, I worked for a certain music
gear catalog company from which I got it at cost plus 10%. Still, I think
it was mostly a waste of good money.