RE: RI Micro-synth VS Original?

Well, having spoken with the designers, I can tell you that their claim is
that they're both the same, just a different name on the cover.
        I, however, don't happen to concur.  My bass never sounded as rich
through
the regular Microsynth as through the Bass Microsynth.  I really liked
playing the guitar through the Bass Microsynth, as it had more balls to my
ears.  Even so, the designers claimed that it was just that -- my ears.
Other folks have assured me that indeed both are one and the same.  I would
have felt like I wasted my money buying two of the same, but I always
thought they were different.  Maybe my Bass Microsynth had a different
piece
of electronics inside enough to sound different, but the engineers said it
would have been a fluke.
        I would recommend to anybody to sit down with both, side by side,
and play
one instrument through one at a time and make your decision after listening
for any difference.
        As for my opinion, I would rather buy -- in 2000 -- some other
piece of
gear that did sort of what the Microsynth does.  There have been a couple
of
things recommended in this list.  I happen to feel that the Microsynth
design and intention were good for the late seventies, but not for our age.
Unless you are into heavy-duty retrospectives, I would say skip it and get
something else.