From: Kevin Cheli-Colando [mailto:kevin@minds-eye.org]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 January 2000 15:44
To: loop
Subject: Korg AX1000G

Someone asked a while back about the KorgAx1000G as a looper a while
back I think and so here's a review.

Basically the AX1000 G will give you 'around' 8 seconds of looping time
with 10 playback modes (8 types of reverse and 2 straight playback).
The reverese feature is kind of fun, record and 8 second sample (time
not adjustable) and then the sample plays forward when you rock the
expression pedal forward and backwards when you return the pedal.
Reverese modes 1-8  are just speed of reverse playback with one being
noormal speed and 2-7 being faster playback time (which makes settings
3-8 pretty much useless IMO).  Why they didn't include slower playback
speeds is beyond me.  The other two looping settings are (again 8
seconds with no adjustment), record and playback of the loop a single
time until you retrigger it with the pedal or a continuous playback that
loops as long as the pedal is forward.  Echoes and delays time up to 3
seconds.

The sound is pretty good and the echoes and reverbs are nice, but
overall this falls far short of the possibilities that could have been
with this unit.  If you like to change your settings with knobs and
dials and you're looking for a basic, portable effects unit its not bad
for $235, but otherwise there's not too much to recommend this unit (and
I thought its predessor the AX300G was a fanatastic effects unit.
Anyone know where to buy discontinued effects cheap?).

Kevin