Re: DL4 Question

> I was wondering how the reverse feature sounds on the DL4?

The reverse features are actually pretty good. it's suppsoed to be a
copy fo the Boss RPS10 unit. I have one of these and have never A/B'd
the two but from my ears the Boss is a lot grittier and the DL4 is
cleaner with a bit more delay time (2.5 seconds I believe). I wouldn't
consider the DL4 a 100% emulation of the Boss but as a reverse delay on
it's own I think it's even more useful.

> Is it useful in loop mode?

If you asking if the DL4 reverse delay works well in loop mode then the
answer is no because the reverse section of the DL4 does not loop at
all. The Dl4 has a number of preset delay functions but none of these
loop. Then it has one loop mode but this has no actual delay outsdie of
a limited predelay option.

After reading the reviews, hearing the hype, and using the unit in the
stuido and onstage for a few weeks here is my personal conclusion:

The DL4 is an incredibly useful and flexible delay unit. It has a wider
variety of delays than any other stomp or rack unit I know of and is
priced rather well. I am not really convinced it a good emulation of the
various delays it's supposed to be (some come closer than others) but as
a delay unit on it's own it is the most flexible box I have ever used.

I didn't buy mine to replace a tube echoplex or the RPS10 and I'm glad I
didn't because the DL4 copies *parts* of those but doesn't have the same
feel or range of sounds. On the other hand the DL4 as a delay unit
offers more flexibility and a wider range of sounds than I could get
even if I had a handful of units lying aroudn live, it's built very
solid, travels well, and is dead simple to use.

I'm not planning on selling my vintage delays anytime soon but just as a
testimony I didn't take any of them out live last show and the DL4 added
more to my set than they ever did. I didn't touch the loop mode yet
outside of just playing with it so i can't speak to that but if I were
to buy one single delay unit right now and didn't have any I'd say the
DL4 woudl be *the* pedal I would want.

     HELP WANTED PRODUCTIONS - Http://www.voicenet.com/~legion
"Bringing you the best in Organic Electronic music since we started..."

Home of the Unusual Instrument and Recording Gallery with pictures and
info of Tube recorders, Omnichords, weird guitars, Casios, and more.