Re: Kyma Capybara

>Has anyone had experience using the Kyma Capybara sound generator?
>What I am wondering is, after I create sounds on Kyma, can I import
>them and use them in my Digital Performer sequencing program, much as
>I do now with my external sound modules?
> . . .

I just got a Kyma and I'm still learning it but I think I know enough to
answer
your question.

You can capture the sounds generated by the Capybara into disk files of
various
formats.  Kyma 4.65 (the current version) supports at AIFF, WAV, SD-I, and
SD-II, and IRCAM/MTU.  Of course, you can also trigger the sounds via MIDI
and
play them directly from the Capybara.  The Kyma system is awesome, BTW, in
what
it can do.

Who are the other Kyma users on the list?  Please speak up.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com