Any one using analog tape reel to reels for looping+ Novice needs advice

Just wanted to know if any one was still looping with frippertronics?
Because I figure I can find two revoxes for around 300 stick a Dl4 and
vortex in front of them run the outputs to my mixer my mixer into my Edp
and
loop to my hearts content. Also there were some postings about in what
order
to arrange effects? I would like to ask what effects specifically would be
good for basic sound scapes? Is there a better all purpose modulation
effect
that the vortex? Dose anybody think the erogenous moan would be a good
choice a  volume because it also offers backwards tape effect as well? I
really dont know much about effects so can anyone recommend a good all
purpose volume/ expression/ wha to get, as i think I would need them for
the
vortex and the dl4(should I ever get that much money)?
Thanks
Oh you all should definitely check out The Pefftronics rendomizer it is
the
craziest little piece of joy you ever ran across.
.