sync-ing non-midi loopers/ cheap stereo loopers???

I was wondering:
Say you had two non-midi loopers (headrush A and headrush B).   Would it
be
possible to open them up, disconnect the footswitches in A; then hook up
the
footswitches in B to both units (i.e., one set of footswitches for two
units)?  The $64000 question is: Since both loops are starting/ending at
the
same time, would they stay in sync or IS THERE SOMETHING INTERNAL THAT
WOULD
CAUSE THE LOOPS TO FLUCTUATE?  I have no idea what makes a looper loop
(magic?) so I'm hoping one of the list's more tech orientated-types (Kim?)
would perhaps be able to offer some insight.  If in fact there weren't any
fluctuations between the two (or three, ten, etc.) you could then sync up
non-midi loopers or, (maybe even better ) go out of a stereo processor
into
the duo(left-A; right-B).  Of course you'd have two god-damned wall warts
contend with but what do you want for about $300?  (please do not clog up
the
list with answers to that question) :-)
just wondering
jack