Re: Roland MS-1 (Yup)

bert wrote:

> yeah I know a thing you should'nt do:
> experimenting with all sorts of flashcards.

Well, yeah, you need to use a type II ATA  flash card. I got  10mb Sundisk
card and get
'wrong card' messages. I discovered that Sundisk changed their cards at
one point
and Roland issued a software upgrade for the MS-1 that maintains
compatibility. I've
downloaded the upgrade from Roland's site, but having no sequencer (can
anyone
direct me to a shareware Mac sequencer?) have yet to install it. This may
or may not
be the answer.

I'm also looking for an online manual for the Korg SDD-2000 delay. This is
a nice DDL
capable of long delay times (just over 4 seconds) that hasn't been
mentioned much
here. It's a great box, easy to use except for the sampling/triggering
section which I
can't quite figure out.

The endless threads of completely off-topic posts followed by off-topic
one line replies
lately has been a drag. It is unfortunate when the impulse to communicate
everything
blurs the focus of a list like this.

Jon Williams