A thought about On/Off topic:

as long as off topic post are just MENTIONED, they are enriching.
as soon as off topic subjects are DISCUSSED, its too much.

If someone tells us about some equipment he sells, books about
politics we should read, I find it positive.
Someone asked whether reading the books turn him a better looper. I guess
so!
Whatever makes this world clearer to the musican turns his music stronger.

But a whole series of mails, a discussion between people of different
opinion,  bargening of prices... should happen outside the list or be
on topic, really.

Hows that?
Matthias

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org