[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: Tack Piano

As I recall, it's a piano with metal tacks attached to the sounding
hammer-thingies [note official technical term] which actually strike the
strings.  This was often done to make the piano cut through the ambient
noise of loud bars and other, uh, social establishments.


> Does anyone know what a "Tack Piano" is?  I'm sure I'm showing my 
> here.  I've seen reference to it twice on liner notes:  Weather Report's
> "Mysterious Traveler" and the latest release by Stereolab.
> Sorry if this is "off-topic", but it's not as off-topic as all the
> socialist-bashing from yesterday!
> Y'all have a great day.