Re: gibson/steinberger/echoplex

On a lark, I emailed MusicYo today to ask about availability - I was
concerned that they might sell out of their stock of the Steinberger
Spirits before I could steal - er, scrape together the cash to buy one.
They are 'in production' (made in Korea, I understand), but the listings on
the Website reflect current stock - they don't, for example, currently have
the GU-Standard in black (damn!).

For what it's worth, I'm interested in owning one even though it's not a
"real" Steinberger - I like the look, I hear good things about the trem,
and it'd be easier to travel with than any other guitar I own.  I'd be
interested in investigating Ed Roman's device that (allegedly) allows use
of single-ball strings with Steinberger systems...maybe string up with a
heavy gauge and tune down to C... =)  And I agree with Bruce - the next
step up for me would also be a Klein.

While I was there, I also mentioned to the folks at MusicYo that, if they
could offer deep discounts on a genuine looper, the looping community would
beat a path to their door.  The response: "We are currently in negotiations
for the Oberheim licensing."  Start saving your pennies, kids. =)

Scott Martin
Morrigan Records
scott@morriganrecords.com
http://www.morriganrecords.com