RE: Advice on digital VCR for loop purposes

I use MiniDisc for the same purpose... Probably cheaper, and then there's
also the seamless looping ability when you use the Repeat 1 function. (Not
live looping, but it's a lot of fun to use to feed prepared loops back into
a "real" looper live.)

There's been a lot of talk about less-than-ideal compression issues on both
of these devices. Anyone know how the specs compare?

Also, several months back we had a thread about video looping. I wonder how
a digital VCR would work in this area...

Tim