picking question?????

i have a question to the guitars out there. what is the best way to hold a
pick. i for years now hold my pick somewhat like you would a dart( you know
as in a dart board.) i saw this guy a bar play very very fast something i
have been trying to do but he held his pick differently.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/f/p/fpm108/glw/pictures/lesson3_figure1.jp
g this is how he held it. i took this off of a guitar lesson page.

any thoughts? iafter trying this i have found i can play fast but not as
articulate. than again my pointing finger isn't wearing down to the bone
playing it this new way for me.

postaldave@qx.net