Re: MIDI looper?

> Loopers-Delight-d Digest                              Volume 99 : Issue
>412
> ------------------------------
> Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:31:07 -0400
> From: "Tiktok World HQ" <tiktok@sprintmail.com>
> To: "Looper's Delight" <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
> Subject: MIDI looper?
>
> Is there sequencing software (or better, a standalone sequencer) which
>can
> act as a looper, except for MIDI events instead of audio?
>
> Travis Hartnett
> ------------------------------
> Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:10:05 -0500
> From: "Travis Hartnett" <hartne.t@apple.com>
> To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
> Subject: Re: MIDI looper?
>
> I guess I should clarify--what I want is a MIDI sequencer that emulates a
> long digital delay, in that repeats can be set to decrease in volume.
>
> TH
> ----------
> End of Loopers-Delight-d Digest V99 Issue #412

Digital Music's MX-8 MIDI patchbay/processor can do what you want.  Play
a synth note and it will come out followed by repeats that have
decreasing note-on velocities.  You can program the delay time and decay
rate.  It can also do other whacky things like rechannelize the data so
that the repeats are on a different MIDI channel!  Whatch out for MIDI
feedback loops.  You may wish to put your master keyboard (or other
controller) into LOCAL OFF mode.  IIRC, it can do MIDI pitch shifts,
too.  BTW, you also get a 6 in x 8 out patchbay to boot!

Bill     >>> home: billfox@fast.net <<<     work: billfox@lucent.com
Host of EMUSIC, an electronic, ambient, and space music show.  Thursdays at
11pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem and 93.9 FM in Easton and
Phillipsburg.  Email me if you wish to submit music for airplay
consideration.
The radio station:      http://www.wdiyfm.org
My radio show:          http://www.wdiyfm.org/schedule/s_emusic.html
My band's site:         http://www.crosswinds.net/~shadowplay