Re: Q o' th' Week: Live Gig Rig Logistics

I apparently got my headrush nicked sat nite. & yes, sometimes gear does
not
make it back.

we made the mistake of packing up our equipment and then leaving it
unattended and out of eyeshot after we played - big mistake- we should
have
loaded out immediately after we finished playing but we were all pretty
beat
& wanted to see the other bands and DJ's that were playing.

I've been doing a lot of acoustic stuff thruout this week and didnt bother
unpacking my electro rig for electrified stuff until last nites full band
practice and then it hit me when i went to plug in the rack gear and floor
units - the headrush was gone and at that point, it wuz probably long gone.

back to the music store again and ouch ! the $169 price tag is not that
big
but its still money that could have been saved or spent elsewhere.

I have never had any music gear ever stolen but theres a first time for
everything. I'd say that i'm going to have an inventory of my live rig and
use a cklist of things to go thru before i finally say i'm finished
packing
and run off for the nite.

JP

JP