Re: zoom2100

Size matters and the fact that i loved the 508.

The 508 love i have is not for its looping capabilities cause it does not
loop...it gives delays that have a long fade out that appear to be loops
and
its patch cut off was seamless and not all of a sudden unless u wanted it
be.

the 508 gave me great at my fingertips, knobless delay patches a la "run
like
hell" or the edge in a programable, punchable way quick and easy.

combined with the stuff i already have: gt-3, the zoom 503 and the 505
with
zoom volume/expression pedal and a headrush, I dont really need the 2100.
typically will only use the gt-3, headrush and gr-30 and I also have an
old
rackmount boss de-200 i use evry now and then on A/B patches.

I dont use midi for looping on stage though I do sometimes have my gr-30
connected to my ASR 10 sampler and an Emu Morpheus sometimes. I'll use the
morpheus for solo guitar stuff. but im not big on syncing my loops to midi
time.

I always tend to do everything loopwise in realtime but usually not synced
midi. in my case the loops that are synced to midi arent realy loops
tho...they are sequences but nothing realtime and frankly for the dancier
stuff i tend to just push the buttons or deliberately not have non
rhythmic
loops play in any particular time...and the sequenced stuff that is looped
outside of the rhythmic stuff underneath is samples of my guitar rig that
have been treated in sound forge 4.5 and bounced into an sp202 and then
sequenced using cakewalk and bounced back into the ASR 10's sequencer.

I never got the 2100 cause i had the 505, then 508 and 503 and found
pretty
much everything that was funky about zooms in those products. then i
bought
other stuff and im happy with the setup i presently use. I try to only get
what i'm actually gonna use a lof of over time.

JP