RE: Off-topic: Home Electrical Wiring

Of course, a 99 cent continuity tester would be a little safer... You can
check a 9v battery with your tongue, too, but when we're talking about high
voltage, that's another story.

I read somewhere once that when you shuffle your feet on a carpet and touch
something, it requires thousands of volts (with hardly any amperage) just
to make that little spark. And if you've ever gotten a shock from a car's
electrical system you know the wallop a mere 12 volts can pack when it's
got enough amps behind it... But again, static electricity is not wall
current. Even those big capacitors inside our gear can hurt you whether or
not you're plugged into the mains. Be careful! We don't want to lose any of
you! Remember what happened to Keith Relf!

Tim