Re: dear heloise

michael,
       Positive pressure ventilation is used to keep radon out of
basements
and other underground living spaces.  And it's amazing how little a fan is
needed to keep the radon levels down near zero...probably would work on
airborne dust too(?).  If it were me, I would start with a whisper-quiet
computer power supply fan.  For it to work (ie: have positive pressure),
the
room must be pretty tightly sealed and a small opening (with small fan
blowing in) steadily maintaining the pressure in the room slightly above
the
rest of the building.
     I change my furnace filters once a month religiously and that makes a
huge difference in the amount of dust that lands on my gear.  When I
forget
for even a couple of weeks, I can really tell the difference.  And dust is
attracted to electronic equipment like nothing else.

Bill "Hawkeye"