Re: Multi-effects (GT-3 mostly)

I am (still) pretty psyched on the GT-3. It is phenomenally powerful, and I
am beginning to believe that it will rival some $1,000-plus rack units in
processing power. BUT be prepared to don your propeller hat and pen
protector, as the manual truly sucketh. At the GT-3 email newsgroup, we
seem
to be rewriting the book, as it were, page by bloody page. Check out:
GT-3@onelist.com for email and the Boss GT-3 Users' Site
http://members.tripod.com/bossgt3/FAQ_Superframe.htm for the in-progress
web
site.
"low-tech" as the EH microsynth, but I think it can be coaxed in that
direction. It certainly does some more wildly extreme stuff (and cleanly!)
than loads of EH pedals, the MicroSynth included. Think about what you
heard
when you demo'd the GT-3, and then think about being able to tweak EVERY
parameter that you heard, including the order of effects. Remember also
that
EH stuff falls apart pretty easily, while the GT-3 is built like a tank.
And
if you swing the MIDI way, the GT-3 has your hookup.
    The slicer, if I remember correctly, has about ten preprogrammed
rhythms
in it, and no way to edit them. But by imposing another effect, like an
in-sync trem, you could probably make it stutter into some new polyrhythm.
think the mere availability of rhythm based effects in sync is rad.
    There was a post just a day or two ago about beefing up the wah by
using
the (more powerful) autowah, and controlling it with the expression pedal.
Such tricks are commonplace on the GT-3. You could, ferinstance, set up the
expression pedal to control not only the wah, but to goose the highs of one
of the selected preamps at the high end of the pedal's travel to really
fizz
it out, or bloat the bottom in a similar way, or make a wah morph into a
cloud of delays... or a cloud of aluminum locusts, clattering Ring
Modulator-like across fields of Escheresque step-chorus plants...
    "scuse me while I go play my GT-3ar..."
Douglas Baldwin, Alpha male Coyote, the Trickster
dbaldwin@suffolk.lib.ny.us