Re: bike loops, no electricity

I found a website awhile back that described a really cool "bike loop".
The
composer mounted resonanting tubes to several bicycles.  The pitch varied
with the speed of the bicycle.  The "score" consisted of a route (a loop!)
through city streets.  The bicyclists rode in scored-out formations, which
included speeding up and passing each other at various times.  As a
consequence, the composition sounded different depending on where you stood
to hear it.  And there was no place to hear the whole thing or no "right"
place to listen.

No electricity involved!

I can't find the website again :(  If anybody is interested, I think I
printed the description and I'll search for the hardcopy.  Of course,
somebody on the list may know more about this also.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com