Re: No electricity?

I'd stick with string instruments, though if there were no electrocity
[wink] wound strings would become a bit scarcer, wouldn't they?  I want to
take up the violin one of these days, if I don't develop arthritis or
something.  Drums would certainly take a bit of precedence, though the big
Japanese drums are a bit tough to lug around; the tablas and doumbeks are
more portable, and would appeal to the post-shutdown nomad musician type.

Ditto on the tunnel aspects, though most acoustic instruments can't survive
in an enclosed space with lots of drummers as well; last New Year's Eve,
while people were playing mostly acoustic instruments in the living room of
the house we were in, I found myself with the eBow and acoustic guitar, in
the heavily-tiled bathroom at the end of the hall from them.  It
reverberated all the way out into the front of the house, providing an
eerie
backdrop to whatever they were doing.

I've seen this kind of home setup several times now: a snare drum, and a
doumbek or so; electric keyboard; and several folks with guitars, flutes
and
the softer wind instruments.  The good old diggeridoo (sp) is wonderful if
you can find someone to really make it resonate!

Stephen Goodman       * It's the free Loop Of The Week!
EarthLight Productions * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios.html
*
(Hear the NEW "Star Spangled Banner" here!)