Re: Looking for Electric Drummers

I'm a loopy percussionist!  I haven't looped my drumset but I loop hand
drums, marimba, and other toys.  Frankly, it's a little difficult with
mics:
1) setting the proper level, 2) bleed-over from monitors, ambient room
sounds, etc, 3) carrying/setting-up several mics.  I've been thinking about
using headphones to monitor and maybe one wireless mic.  I use my loopers
(two EDPs) almost exclusively when I do solo shows.

I have a loopy guitarist friend and I accompany him on several looped
escapades.  We've practiced with both sets of loopers (his and mine) but
have never performed with both.  Currently in performances, he sets up a
loop and I follow it.  Let me tell ya', it's not the easiest thing,
especially when the loop has a "hitch in its git-a-long".

BTW: I'm in Lafayete, Indiana, USA, which is nowhere near Boston
(geographically or culturally).

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com