EDP paranoia

Sorry - don't mean to feed the paranoia.  I'm just (obviously) VERY eager
to get my hands on one (without paying a ridiculous eBay price), and have
been on the list for probably 6 months or so, and have been hearing the EDP
is around the corner the whole time.  I'm just about to be in the position
to actually buy one, and don't want to wait until 2000 if possible.

thanks to you, Kim and Oberheim for coming up with an instrument with such
great possibilities.   I'm excited to own one.   I'm sure those on the list
trying to get a hold of one would agree that it's been awfully hard to tell
from anyone at Oberheim/Gibson/Opcode WHEN exactly it will possible to
purchase a device of this nature from them.  A few months ago, Kim sent out
a message (which thrilled me) that they would be available in August.  It's
now October.  The Boomerang is in production now, but doesn't have the
right capabilities for what I want to do.  I would be happy to get those
capabilites from whoever wants to manufacture the right device.   I'm sure
you can understand that.  I'll try to refrain from feeding the paranoia,
but it would help to hear a hard date from the people at Oberheim...

Thanks,

Michael