Re: Question of the Week -- when do you NOT loop?

>"When do you make a choice NOT to loop?"

Oh, nice question ;-)

I guess, most of us have parts without loop in their loop pieces, but they
rather feel like bridges mostly, so thats probably not what we talk about
here...

I allways had problems with rythms. My music speaks in sound and melody.
I somehow need the loop to keep me steady and leared a lot from it. Brasil
tought me another big lesson. But still, without loop, I tend to
constantely change themes and travel in variations, hardly repeating
myself.
For a long time, I thought this was not "serious" music, but more and more
I find it about as interesting as mantric loops.
Where is that need for repeated parts coming from? Isnt it mostly a help to
remember and teach the song? So in an improvisation, you dont need it?
If you want a mantric effect, use a loop to get the strongest effect, if
not, just keep going, tell the story! To do it well is not so easy, but I
am getting better at it, in my candleaccousiticroom.

Could anyone indicate recorded music of this notreapeatatall kind?

Matthias

         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org