>I could be wrong.  Go ahead and try.  I'm just saying, I don't exactly
>credit card in hand waiting with bated breath until you get your site up.
>One more point.  Don't knock Free.  Free is a very lucrative way of making
>money on the Internet right now.  Paradox?  Hotmail, NetMail, FreeMail,
>Excite, Snap, GoTo, Geocities, Xoom, ICQ, MP3, AltaVista, AOL Instant
>Messenger, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.  Hotmail sold for what, four
>million dollars?  The minute Yahoo starts charging for web searches is the
>minute Yahoo files chapter 11.  How many people have a subscription to the
>online oxford english dictionary?  I personally use webster's 3rd Edition
at a
>whopping $0.00 per hit.  Free is good.  Free is our friend.  Free makes me

Hotmail, netmail, snap, geocities, mp3, altavista, Xoom, have yet to make
any money, other than being bought by someone who thinks that they can use
it to make money. Yahoo is making money though. Is someone going to buy you
to use you to make money?

>Now you may be the marketing/business supragenius who revolutionizes the
>charge-per-download MP3 market.  I'm just saying that Free is hard to beat
>a price war.  And it looks like Free is going to be here - maybe not
>but at least for a while.  MP3.com is worth how many scores, or hundreds,
>millions?  They're not going south any time soon.  And frankly, I kind of
>it.  No one is more desirable than when they're giving things away.

Prices tend to go down, but not up. Unless you can add some kind of value
your product that can't be placed in a currently available 'free' format,
then you will be hard pressed to sell it.