Re: Burning Man anyone?

I'll keep you in a Burning Man email list so I can be sure we can talk
later about our respective plans!

Miko Biffle                                    "Running scared from
all the usual distractions..."
mbiffle@svg.com

>>> <Echopark99@aol.com> 09/22 1:46 PM >>>
Hey Mike and others,

I'll be following with great interest. Dust/sand can definitely be an
issue,
my pals told of significant ongoing winds this year and even
sandstorms -
yikes!  Anyway. I've been wanting to tote a simple loop rig up there
the last
couple years, but alas, it's always something. This year a paying gig
at the
beautiful Ford Amphitheatre in the Hollywood Hills lured me away. And
of
course, every year everybody says, "This might be the last Burning
Man".
Each year does not fail to return extended stories of great awe and
inspiration, so we'd be chumps not to go next year...  My friends
built a
dark lounge for refuge from the sun, featuring ambient and other
music this
year, so I would bet that may be part of the plan for next year.
Very
conducive to hypnotic loopies. Meeting and planning starts around
March/April.

Staying tuned,
eric p
echo park

In a message dated 9/22/99 12:31:48 PM, mbiffle@svg.com writes:

>I'm beggining some discussions concerning the dust control. Maybe
>shrink wrap a GT-5 and leave only holes for cable jacks? Take a tiny
2
>space rack for an EDP and Vortex and maybe also a Yamaha QY-70?
I've
>heard there are *plenty* of stages which were not in use a fair
>portion of the time. I'm going to post a few messages to the
Burning
>Man bulletin board and see if I can make contact with any stage
>managers or owners... I found a tabla player who'd love to meet and
>jam next year. My keyboard playing friend has light show
multi-media