Re: Steve Reich question

stig wrote:

>                 I have just joined this list and hope that someone
>here may be able to help me with a query.  I have heard much about
>Steve Reich and have been told on a couple of occasions that I would
>like his music, however on visiting a music store I was confronted
>with about twenty different albums/imports and have no idea where to
>start.  Could someone recommend a good first choice as an intro
>duction to Steve Reich's music?

I know this has been beaten to death already.  However, of all Reich's
pieces,
Drumming is the most indicative of Reich's style and technique and it's
also IMHO the most exciting.

Get the two volume DGG recording.  True, it has the annoying disk change
but the recording is much better I believe and you also get two other
splendid pieces with it.

        /t