ACID Lost Serial Number-Is This For Real ?

I had the same problem some months ago.
If you REGISTERED the ACID product like you SHOULD had, Sonic Foundry
will send you a replacement CD.
But this sounds kinda fishy, since the REG# is external, and
all you have to do is find your original documentation.....
'Cuz, what good is the REG# if you don't have the product ?