RE: asking for some advice....

Download a program called "SmartDraw" from download.com or some such.  It's
a way cool program where you can color the boxes, make any shape you want,
but the coolest thing is, of course, that you can link the boxes and lines,
and drag them around to improve the signal flow until you have something
worth implementing to try out.  Although it's shareware, you can save some
drawings into JPEG, which is cool for a Web site.  I'd say buy the thing,
it's so cool.

  |   |
  |   |
  |   | dear looping partner's in crime,
  |   |
  |   | am adding some new gear to my rack and so far have had some
  | issues with
  |   | gain structure.  i wondered if i could solicit some advice.
  |   |
  |   | here is the gear...
  |   |
  |   |
  |   |
  |   | sony freedom series wireless system  at line level...
  |   |
  |   | a pendulum audio preamp
  |   |
  |   | lexicon mpx G2 effects unit
  |   |
  |   | jamman
  |   | echoplex
  |   |
  |   | all going to a walter woods amplifier.
  |   |
  |   |
  |   | the questions i have are concerned with signal path.  i have been
  |   | sending my instrument thru the preamp to the amp, then sending and
  |   | returning through all the other gear from the amp itself.
  | i'm thinking
  |   | of sending and returning from the preamp itself, doing all the
  |   | processing and looping, then going to the amp in the end with the
  |   | effected signal.  would any of you be kind enough to offer me some
  |   | suggestions or feedback?
  |   |
  |   | thanks,
  |   |
  |   | todd reynolds
  |   |
  |   | --
  |   | Todd Reynolds                                    "paint as
  | you like, and
  |   | die happy"   -   henry miller
  |   | 500B Grand St.  11G
  |   | New York, NY  10002