Re: Mini-discs: To the point...(OT)

James.Lanpheer@cai.com writes:

> that the "best" (highest quality of sound) option is to have TWO MD
>  recorders (i have one).  Are there any other options that come VERY
>CLOSE
>  this one?
the 702 doesn't have a digital out,
.....so best option is to get a non-portable minidisc player with digital
out
(their cheaper than the portables) as (as far as I know) you can't get a
portable with digital out.

while you will be copying digitally, the copy still won't be exact in the
same way that
a DAT or CD-R would be, because your signal is going to be decompressed
and
then Re-compressed, so you should keep track of which disc is the original
and make all copies from that.

Andy Butler.....runs on.....

<someone else said>
<The ATRAC encoding is very sophisticated and uses multiple
<strategies to make sure that most of the information lost
<is information that you could never possibly hear.
but when I recorded grasshoppers at the foot of a cliff
they somehow got lost, although I could hear them through headphones while
recording
there was  alot of other noise about (from the sea) so I guess the ATRAC
couldn't
handle it.