Re: Copying minidiscs

Ken wrote:

>Test the theory if you must..  Take 2 Sony MD's, go line-out to line-in
>and make a copy.  Turn it around and copy the copy, again, again,
>again until you hear the hiss.  Now try it digital -> digital and note
>that the sound never alters from the original.

now, if you have those two minidisk players with digital I/O
you could try this experiment, copying a very short segment digitally
but making 5 or 10 generations, and we could see what happens.

my claim is that there would be degeneration due to the ATRAC
compression/ decompression stage...

but I have no actual data to back this up!

        /t