Re: Ever feel like throwing your stuff in the garbage?

I have an EH Micro Synth, a Deluxe Memory Man, 2 regular Memory Men, a
Space Drum (disco synth drum sound), a Panic Button, and a Big Muff. I got
them all as hand me downs from my dad. They used to be my "secret sound
tools" until Electro Harmonix had to go and start reissuing the stuff! Now
I spend my time looking for analog drum machines and cheesy old keyboards.

When I played bass, I'd practice and practice until I'd go to the music
store and find kids who naturally had what it took me years to even think
about. I guess that's part of what led me to start experimenting with
objects and found sounds--that gave me an edge that the kids didn't have.
Eventually I gave up trying to be good at playing instruments. Where did
that lead me? Now I meet people who are great instrumentalists and are
also great with objects and found sounds. I guess we'll never win.

matt