Live sequencing.

An informal poll:

When doing your live looping gigs, i'm curious how much everyone is using
canned sequenced materials?

Reason i ask?  Just saw Michael Brook/Djivan Gasparyan at the
newly-remodeled Gothic Theater in Denver.  I went to see the famed duduk
player, not really to catch Brook, and while i REALLY enjoyed the duduk,
the
presentation left something to be desired...  I felt that there was alot of
rough edges, mostly due to trying to integrate technology into the gig, and
the fact that Brook is NOT the 'virtuoso guitarist' that the CD liner notes
to 'Black Rock' make him out to be...  Most of the sequenced stuff was
really just loops, but the lengths of the sections were definitely
programmed and just when they finally started to hit a groove, they moved
on...  I don't know, in this case, they just relied TOO much on technology
in my opinion, and there wasn't enough PLAYING...  (off my soapbox..)  Buy
the record (which i like) and save the $$, unless you wish to see the
legendary Gasparyan (you won't be disappointed in him).

So, again, i wonder aloud, how many of you use sequencing in your gigs, and
perhaps any tips that you've found to more successfully integrate it into
your show so that its seamless (no 3 minute breaks to load up software
etc..) and leaves room for improvisation (section lengths are not fixed
time
frames).

Thanks,
Jim Lanpheer.