Re: active/passive volume & control

I haven't fully read all the messages re: the volume pedal, so I'm sorry if
this has been said before.  But reading your last "summary" of what you're
thinking to date, a couple thoughts occurred to me:

All plastic pedals I've ever used are awkward, including those that I've
tried that are part of multi-effects units, wah wahs, etc.  The extra
weight of, say, an Ernie Ball pedal translates to easier, more accurate
foot control.

I've never noticed any noise coloration or hig-end reduction from my Ernie
Ball passive pedal, and I'm VERY PICKY!!!!  I've had that one since the
early 1980s.

Dr. Michael S. Yoder
Assistant Professor of Geography,
Coordinator of Urban Studies