Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler.

K. Douglas Baldwin wrote:
>    All that I would add to my original comment is that I wish these
>companies would come up with a *blank canvas* approach...
<polite snip>
>I also understand that from a
>marketing standpoint, this approach is really difficult to sell (no one is
>prepared to buy blank canvases because no one sells blank canvases because
>no one buys blank canvases....). But this negative-loop reciprocality can
be
>broken if either the buyer or seller chooses not to play the game.

I agree. I also lurk on the Pulsar-DSP mailing list which is (partly)
devoted to the Pulsar DSP-based computer sound card - info at
http://www.creamware.com.
The Pulsar represents a new *blank canvas* approach to DSP-chip based sound
processing on your computer. It and/or others like it will, hopefully and
eveuntually, be able to do anything sound-processing wise. And to do more
and more anythings, just add more DSP farm cards. You are limited only by
your dollars (or other local currency) and imagination.

The relevance to this thread is that, in spite of its great potential, the
Pulsar list is crowded with newbies who whine because the card doesn't do
everything the box said it could do all by itself as soon as they turn on
their PC. That is the danger of marketing a blank canvas.

BTW, Kim, do you think you could port the EDP software to run on the AMD
SHARC-based Pulsar? That could help me decide which of the two pieces of
hardware I plan to buy. After I pay for the house, the car, the wedding...

-- Mango --