Re: WANTED: Online music responses

Okay, I'm sorry I was paranoid. I guess part of the fear resided in the
fact that
most of the questions were written in better english than what I'm used to
seeing
in e-mail. The other part was the dotted line between your letter and the
questions, which had me thinking they were written by some one else. Sorry.
Looking at the quote of me down there, it doesn't look like I was very
polite
either. Oops!

I'm not really against the idea of making money from your music either,
nor do I
hold anything against professional musicians. If you're not selling stuff
through
a record label and paying lots of middle men to distribute your product,
it seems
pretty steep to charge a retail CD price for a music recording. I think
$10 is a
good price, and I'm impressed by musicians who sell their music online for
less.

As for the record store issue, I shop at Amoeba (in San Francisco or
Berkeley CA)
all the time, I also really enjoy Aquarius Records (in SF). I usually walk
out of
those record stores carrying a delightful surprise. The reason that I have
grudge against the national chain stores is because a lot of people don't
have a
really great record store nearby. I think there's more good record stores
than
there ever was, but for most towns in America, the best selection at a
record
store is Media Play (which is owned by musicland, I believe).

more on this later, I believe, I have to go to work.

matt