RE: old opinions

> <<  anybody out there ever feel like your gear
>  is controlling your creativity instead of the other way around? >>
>
> all the time!.......michael

        ** i went through this a long time ago - - and a lot of it was
based
on the "problem" (at least for me) of using rack devices that were all menu
programing and no knobs. since i jettisoned that stuff and moved to stomp
boxes and the more intuitive/interactive (again for me) interface of knobs
and analog controls, i seem to have less of this problem. ('course some
things are less "flexible," but then i go for stravinsky's comment that he
found freedom in a small box.) this coupled with the fact that i no longer
feel *obligated* to use everything because i spent the bucks on it. some
bands i do don't use any processing gear, some i use a little and some i
use
a lot - - and even then i may not use it for a whole gig.

        jes' some ideas from my personal experience.

        stig