Re: What's A Good Pitch Shift Pedal?

How about some of the discontinued Digitech rack units
like the GSP-2101 or TSR-24. They are pretty easy to
find on the used market. Many people think they're
superior to the current crop of Digitech multi-fx.
And of course there's always the original Digitech
Whammy pedal. I think it goes for a higher price on
the used market than it ever cost new.

I don't know how well any of the above works with
bass, but maybe someone else on the list will share
their experience.

John

--- Doug Lawrence <douglas-lawrence@home.com> wrote:

> As a bass player, sometimes I would like to pitch
> shift when overdubbing on
> some of my loops, or bring out a new quality of
> upper end tone in one of my
> effects. Is there anything that is much more
> affordable than an Eventide and
> not as crappy as the Digitech RP-7/Whammy pitch
> shift?
>
> Anybody use the Boss RPS-10 or t.c. SCF?
>
> When I saw Jungle Funk, Doug Wimbish seemed to be
> using the pitch shifter in
> the Digitech VGS 2120, but that's a little too much
> $$$
>
> Thanks.

===
John Tidwell